Trek through the lush Western Ghats and tea plantations, scale Meesapulimala Peak, explore wildlife at the Periyar National Park, take a cruise over backwaters, soak in the beauty of Munnar and unwind at the Kovalam beach, in this action-packed adventure. Set off on an exciting trek through the hills, forests, villages and tea plantations with beautiful vistas. Climb Meesapulimala Peak, second highest in South India, standing at 2630 metres. Sight animals and birds at the Periyar National Park and experience a houseboat cruise over the backwaters. You also get to savour the pristine beauty of Munnar, visit the ancient Meenakshi Temple in Madurai and unwind at the beaches of Kovalam. Sign up for an active exploration of Kerala!
- Savour the natural beauty of Munnar
- Hike through the Western Ghats, tea plantations and villages.
- Trek to the top of Meesapulimala Peak at 2,630 m.
- Go on a jungle trek and bamboo rafting adventure at the Periyar National Park
- Visit the historic Meenakshi Temple in Madurai.
- Stay on a traditional houseboat and traverse stunning of backwaters
- Relax and unwind at the tropical beaches of Kovalam
Base Price Includes
- Accommodation on double/ twin sharing basis as per the itinerary.
- Daily buffet breakfasts included at hotels.
- Trekking camping which includes delicious food prepared by our professional experienced trekking chef, camp boys, tentage like imported sleeping tents, Kitchen /Mess tent, toilet tent, table , camp chairs or any other logistic expenses during trekking as
- Ponies to carry trekking stuffs and clients baggage.
- All transfers and sightseeing by a Private vehicle as indicated in the itinerary.
- Services of a local sightseeing guide during sightseeing and trekking as per the itinerary.
- Monastery Entrance Fees as per the itinerary at mentioned sights.
- Representative for assistance on Arrival /Departure.
- 24/7 assistance by our support team.
Base Price Does Not Include
- International / Domestic air fare.
- Any meal other than Breakfast unless specified.
- Any service or activity charges other than those included in the inclusions.
- Supplement Cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season.
- Entrance fee at monuments and National Parks.
- Unforeseen expenses that demand changes in the itinerary like natural calamities, changes in weather, road blockages, flight/train cancellations and any medical emergency or evacuations.
- Travel insurance and Visa
- Expenses of a personal nature- Staff Tips, Laundry, phone calls, soft or alcoholic drinks, excess baggage charges, camera and Video fee or any other expanses which are not mentioned in above inclusion list.
- Oxygen Cylinder facility for high altitude
- All government taxes as applicable.
Rated by National Geographic Traveller as one of the world’s 50 must-see destinations, Kerala is a rich tropical landscape of palm-fringed beaches backed by emerald paddy fields, cardamom-scented hills and lush green forests of the Western Ghats.
We begin in the elegant old port of Cochin, with its handsome colonial architecture and laid-back tropical ambiance, before heading inland to the cool mountain air of Munnar, a hill station set high in the Ghats and surrounded by tea plantations. The next five days are spent trekking at gentle pace through these beautiful hills, with spectacular views as we ascend towards Meesapulimala peak (2,640m) – the highest in the area.
The trail crosses the state border into Tamil Nadu from where we descend by road to the ancient city of Madurai – home of the magnificent Sri Meenakshi temple with its spectacular gopura towers. Returning to the hills of Kerala we venture into Periyar where sighting the wild elephants could brighten our spirits. The final days are spent relaxing down on the coast, with a cruise through the spellbinding beauty of the Kerala backwaters near Alleppey before driving south to the white-sand beaches of Kovalam.