The eastern end of the great Himalayan chain, and its lush foothills, is one of the least visited parts of this magnificent mountain range. After two nights in the grand old hill station of Darjeeling, we embark on this classic Himalayan trek which follows the Singalila Ridge with truly stupendous views of Kanchenjunga (8,586 m), the world’s third highest mountain. Along the way you'll have the chance to experience the culture and everyday life of the local people.
- Darjeeling, known for its tea gardens & the Darjeeling Himalayan Railways.
- Rimbik & Ramam, the popular descents from Singalila.
- Sandakphu, highest point on the Singalila Ridge.
- Tonglu, one of the higher peaks of the ridge usually made a halt of the trek.
- Kalimpong, a hill station in the Mahabharata Range.
- Beautiful Gangtok city
Base Price Includes
- Accommodation on double/ twin sharing basis as per the itinerary.
- Daily buffet breakfasts included at hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing by a Private vehicle as indicated in the itinerary.
- Services of a local sightseeing guide during sightseeing guides at cities as per the itinerary.
- Monastery Entrance Fees as per the itinerary at mentioned sights.
- Representative for assistance on Arrival /Departure.
- 24/7 assistance by our support team.
Base Price Does Not Include
- International / Domestic air fare.
- Any meal other than Breakfast unless specified.
- Any service or activity charges other than those included in the inclusions.
- Supplement Cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season.
- Entrance fee at monuments and National Parks.
- Unforeseen expenses that demand changes in the itinerary like natural calamities, changes in weather, road blockages, flight/train cancellations and any medical emergency or evacuations.
- Travel insurance and Visa
- Expenses of a personal nature- Staff Tips, Laundry, phone calls, soft or alcoholic drinks, excess baggage charges, camera and Video fee or any other expanses which are not mentioned in above inclusion list.
- Oxygen Cylinder facility for high altitude
- All government taxes as applicable.
The trip starts in Delhi from here we fly to Bagdogra and then drive into the hills to reach the colonial resort of Darjeeling – a hilly town surrounded by tea plantations and served by the famous ‘toy train’. After a two-night stay in this beautiful place where we get an opportunity to take in the local sights, we drive to the trail head at Dhotrey. Following the India-Nepal border we gradually ascend to the dramatic landscapes of Singalila Ridge, one of the region’s classic trekking routes. Trekking high above the valleys through forests of rhododendron and magnolia there are numerous opportunities to gaze across the spectacular Himalayan panoramas. On a clear day it’s a treat to be at Sandakphu (3,636m.), the highest point of the trek where spectacular Kanchenjunga (8,586m) is seen staring at us. Further ahead we can also see three more of the world’s five highest mountains; Everest (8,848m), Lhotse (8,512m) and Makalu (8,462m). We pass through villages with friendly people and follow ancient paths on this beautiful circular trek.
We descend through Mulley, Samaden and Rimbik, large Sherpa settlements, and then travel by road to the lively hill town of Kalimpong where we end our trek and visit its bustling bazaar. We then head to the bustling town of Gangtok, the new capital of Sikkim.