A classic biking tour exploring the remote valleys of Himachal Pradesh. From the picturesque and verdant Kinnaur valley to rugged, semi-arid Spiti and Lahaul, this exciting trip journeys through incredible mountain scenery, visiting ancient Buddhist monasteries and traditional villages en route. Cycling is the perfect way to appreciate the majesty of the landscape at a gentle pace, to get close to the environment and the people who live here.
- Cycle through spectacular Himalayan landscapes and remote mountain villages
- Explore the region’s Tibetan monasteries, including Tabo “the Ajanta of the Himalayas”
- Visit Shimla hill station, the summer capital of the British Raj
- Experience the contrasting Kinnaur and Spiti valleys up close
- See the remarkable Rock Garden near Chandigarh
Latest ReviewsWrite a Review
Hristina YusifovaAug 2019
Base Price Includes
- Accommodation on double/ twin sharing basis as per the itinerary.
- Daily buffet breakfasts included at hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing by a Private vehicle as indicated in the itinerary.
- Professional Indian English speaking professional biking Tour leader including his wages, accommodation, food and travelling expenses.
- Support English speaking assistant cycle leader from 7pax on wards includes his wages, shared accommodation with main leader, food and travelling expenses.
- Cycle Mechanic services for the whole trip ( To maintain cycles, services, fix punctures or any other technical problems , daily clean cycles).
- Mineral water, snacks, tea/ coffee, fruits, cookies during cycling days only.
- Representative for assistance on Arrival /Departure.
- 24/7 assistance by our support team.
Base Price Does Not Include
- International / Domestic air fare.
- Any meal other than Breakfast unless specified.
- Any service or activity charges other than those included in the inclusions.
- Supplement Cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season.
- Entrance fee at monuments and National Parks.
- Unforeseen expenses that demand changes in the itinerary like natural calamities, changes in weather, road blockages, flight/train cancellations and any medical emergency or evacuations.
- Travel insurance and Visa
- Expenses of a personal nature- Staff Tips, Laundry, phone calls, soft or alcoholic drinks, excess baggage charges, camera and Video fee or any other expanses which are not mentioned in above inclusion list.
- All government taxes as applicable.
Starting from Delhi we drive through the northern plains to the enchanting hillside town of Shimla, summer capital of the British Raj. After local exploration, we will proceed north along the Hindustan-Tibet road to reach Sarahan and its famous Bhimakali temple.
We start our biking adventure from Sarahan, passing through the beautiful Kinnaur valley along Sutlej river. The lush green environs and apple orchards gradually peter out, to be replaced by the barren mountain landscape of the Spiti valley, home to the Tibetan Buddhist monasteries of Dhankar, Ki, Kibber and Tabo. Tabo is popularly known as the Ajanta of the Himalayas for its magnificent wall-paintings and frescoes.
Biking through the higher reaches of Spiti, we will pass incredible rock formations and dramatic sandstone scenery before crossing the Kunzum La (4,551m) and descending into the comparatively green Lahaul valley. We will continue along the Chandra river passing through traditional villages as we climb towards the Rohtang pass (3,979m) to enter the lush Kullu valley.
After a day relaxing in delightful Manali, we will drive to Delhi en route visiting some popular sites around Chandigarh en route, including the extraordinary Rock Garden of artist Nek Chand.