While following the Ganges on this tour we experience mysticism in Hinduism with varied religious rituals and ceremonies to understand its philosophy while exploring Haridwar, Rishikesh, Allahabad and Varanasi. Delhi and Kolkata provide glimpses into India’s rich cultural heritage and grandeur while Sundarbans stuns with its rich and varied wildlife.
- Mughal and Colonial architecture in Delhi.
- Hindu rituals on the ghats of Varanasi and Haridwar.
- Wildlife in Sunderbans National Park – the mangrove forest.
- Yoga ashrams and temples at Rishikesh.
- The sacred sangam (confluence) at Allahabad.
- Victoria Memorial and other sights in vibrant Kolkata.
Optional local activities and experiences you can add to extend this trip
Experience the unique Art of making Banarsi sarees
Base Price Includes
- Accommodation in comfort hotels on double/ twin sharing basis as per the itinerary.
- Daily buffet breakfasts included at hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing by a Private vehicle as indicated in the itinerary.
- Services of a local sightseeing guide during sightseeing guides at cities as per the itinerary.
- Representative for assistance on Arrival /Departure.
- 24/7 assistance by our support team.
Base Price Does Not Include
- International / Domestic air fare.
- Any meal other than Breakfast unless specified.
- Any service or activity charges other than those included in the inclusions.
- Supplement Cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season.
- Entrance fee at monuments and National Parks.
- Unforeseen expenses that demand changes in the itinerary like natural calamities, changes in weather, road blockages, flight/train cancellations and any medical emergency or evacuations.
- Travel insurance and Visa
- Expenses of a personal nature- Staff Tips, Laundry, phone calls, soft or alcoholic drinks, excess baggage charges, camera and Video fee or any other expanses which are not mentioned in above inclusion list.
- All government taxes as applicable.
Experience the essence of India on the banks of the country’s great river, journeying from the Himalayas into the picturesque Sunderbans – the largest delta system in the world. After sightseeing in Delhi and a two-night stay in the beautiful town of Rishikesh we visit holy Haridwar and Allahabad (on overnight trains).
Another exciting stage is a wonderful river journey downstream to Varanasi experiencing the life of traditional farming villages on the fertile banks of the Ganges. A highlight of the tour, Varanasi is the fulcrum of Hinduism and considered to be the oldest living city in the world. We watch a Hindu puja ceremony and visit the sacred ghats alongside the river watching performance of various rituals and ceremonies. Another overnight train trip takes us to the vibrant, teeming city of Kolkata for some local
At the point where the Ganges finally meets the sea at the southern tip of West Bengal lie the vast swamps of the Sunderbans, a stretch of dense mangrove forest rich in wildlife and home of the Royal Bengal Tiger.