Explore the ancient temples of Mahabalipuram, Madurai and Kanchipuram, enjoy the unique culture of Pondicherry, learn about the history and art of Thanjavur, savor the beauty of the Kerala backwaters and discover local handicrafts in this comprehensive heritage tour of South India. Discover the exquisite carvings and architecture of the World Heritage Site-listed temples of Mahabalipuram and explore the temple city of Madurai, home to the famous Meenakshi Temple. Visit Auroville, take a walking tour of the French Quarter and relax on the beach in Pondicherry. Take in the beauty of Kerala with a houseboat ride over the backwaters and walk through the pristine wilderness of the Periyar National Park. You also get a glimpse of the culture and life of the region with visits to artisan workshops, local food experiences, market walks and village expeditions. This tour is a mix of history, culture and experiences, making it your perfect gateway to South India.
- Explore ancient rock-carved temples of Mahabalipuram dating back to 6th and 9th Century.
- Discover ancient city of Thanjavur famous for Tanjore and Kalamkari paintings.
- Explore Chettinad with a guided tour of Karaikudi village.
- Tour the temple city of Madurai home to famous Meenakshi Temple.
- Visit Auroville and the French Quarter of Pondicherry.
- Enjoy houseboat cruise in Kerala backwaters.
- Walk through spice plantations.
- Visit Fort Kochi - an amalgam of Old Portuguese, British and Dutch colonial architecture.
Self-Guided option available
Latest ReviewsWrite a Review
Base Price Includes
- Daily buffet breakfasts included at given hotels.
- Overnight on Houseboat Cruise with all meals onboard at Alleppey
- Cycles for activity at mentioned cities with standby mechanic & spare parts
- Accommodation in 4* star or similar hotels on double/ twin sharing basis.
- All transfers and sightseeing by a Private vehicle, as given in the itinerary.
- Services of a Guest Friendly, experienced & Skilled Chauffer
- Services of a local (stationed) Guide during sightseeing at cities as per the program.
- Representative for assistance upon Arrival and Departure at Major cities.
- 24/7 assistance by "Active India" support team.
Base Price Does Not Include
- Any applicable government taxes.
- Any International/ Domestic airfare.
- Any Travel insurance OR Visa Charges
- Any meal other than Breakfast - unless specified
- Any Monument Entrance fee and National Parks entry Cost.
- Any Supplement Cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season dates.
- Any service or activity charges other than those included in the inclusions List.
- Any Expenses of personal nature like Staff Tips, Laundry, phone calls, table drinks, excess baggage charges etc.
- Any camera Charges - Still or Video or any other expanses which are not mentioned in above inclusion list.
- Unforseen expenses that demand changes in the itinerary like natural calamities, changes in weather, road blockages, flight/train cancellations and any medical emergency or evacuations.
The tour brings to the visitor the amazing south! Nearly untouched by invasions, the Southern states of India are considered as the most `Indian` part of India. We see some of the country’s finest architecture in the form of vivid Hindu temples and charming old colonial buildings. The temples of Mahabalipuram, Madurai and French colonies of Pondicherry are just spectacular. We will also interact with locals by visits to popular local bazaars, typical traditional work places, and walks and visits to villages. This trip delivers you an immense opportunity to your taste buds with south India cuisines like Chettinad cuisine, different varieties of sea foods, Kuttanadan fish curry and chicken curry. One of the highlights is our stay onboard a houseboat called “Kettuvallams” meaning rice barge by which we explore the picturesque Kerala backwaters, its village life and travel to Cochin.