Despite being less visited compared to the north, South India is no less exciting and vibrant. Its astonishingly diverse scenery, architecture, culture and the people are a pleasure to experience. This fascinating bicycle journey through India’s tropical south is a perfect holiday for biking enthusiasts and trekkers alike.
- Mysore, famous for its magnificent Architectural Palace.
- Ooty, the queen of hill stations of India.
- Guruvayur, the most revered and sacred pilgrimage centre of Hindus in Kerala.
- Fort Kochi for its old houses built in the Portuguese and Dutch architectural styles.
- Alleppey backwaters cruise and an overnight stay in houseboat.
- Varkala Beach, a perfect getaway.
Self-Guided option available
Latest ReviewsWrite a Review
Diana Heather CristolAug 2019
Christina L. SihalohoJul 2018
Base Price Includes
- Accommodation on double/ twin sharing basis as per the itinerary.
- Daily buffet breakfasts included at hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing by a Private vehicle as indicated in the itinerary.
- Professional Indian English speaking professional biking Tour leader including his wages, accommodation, food and travelling expenses.
- Support English speaking assistant cycle leader from 7pax on wards includes his wages, shared accommodation with main leader, food and travelling expenses.
- Cycle Mechanic services for the whole trip ( To maintain cycles, services, fix punctures or any other technical problems , daily clean cycles).
- Mineral water, snacks, tea/ coffee, fruits, cookies during cycling days only.
- Representative for assistance on Arrival /Departure.
- 24/7 assistance by our support team.
Base Price Does Not Include
- International / Domestic air fare.
- Any meal other than Breakfast unless specified.
- Any service or activity charges other than those included in the inclusions.
- Supplement Cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season.
- Entrance fee at monuments and National Parks.
- Unforeseen expenses that demand changes in the itinerary like natural calamities, changes in weather, road blockages, flight/train cancellations and any medical emergency or evacuations.
- Travel insurance and Visa
- Expenses of a personal nature- Staff Tips, Laundry, phone calls, soft or alcoholic drinks, excess baggage charges, camera and Video fee or any other expanses which are not mentioned in above inclusion list.
- All government taxes as applicable.
At the southern tip of India the state of Kerala, and to its north, the state of Karnataka, encapsulate everything that is magical about this tropical region; traditional towns, a mix of mountainous and coastal landscape, endless white-sand beaches and sensational south Indian cuisine. Starting out from Mysore and ending up in Trivandrum, this easy-paced cycling holiday provides a great way to explore this colourful part of India. Heading south, the ride passes through the cool heights of the Western Ghats where the sanctuaries at Bandipur and Mudumalai rear wild elephants, tigers and leopards in their jungles and bamboo forests.
After crossing the hill-station of Ooty at 2240 metres in the Nilgiri Hills, a rolling hill-country ride and amazing descent takes us into Kerala, where we cycle round old forts and religious rock shrines as well as through colourful villages where rural life has remained virtually unchanged for centuries. Heading south again, we spend a day in the old port of Kochi and enjoy a homestay and an overnight houseboat cruise on the ‘backwaters’, the vast network of channels and lakes, before the final coastal ride to Varkala for a chance to laze on the beach and reflect on an unforgettable experience of rural India.