This tour is a rewarding two-week discovery of all the best that this beautiful and green south-western corner of India has to offer. Get close to real Kerala with an off-the-beaten-track two-wheeled exploration of its back-roads and byways, and of course, some well-deserved relaxation on a tropical beach.
- Cycle the Kerala coastline beside magnificent tropical beaches
- Relax on the beaches of Kovalam.
- Explore Varkala, an unspoiled village with a lovely beach.
- Explore the magical waterways around Kollam and Mancombu.
- Stay in the charming hill station of Erattupetta
- Spot wildlife at Periyar National Park.
- Fort Cochin Explore this fascinating colonial coastal town
Self-Guided option available
Latest ReviewsWrite a Review
Jim LeninNov 2021
Maureen LehinNov 2021
Ruth FarquharsonNov 2021
Keith FarquharsonNov 2021
Jane EdwardsNov 2021
Malcom DavisNov 2021
Rupert FreemanNov 2021
S. MitchellNov 2021
Clive MartinNov 2021
Base Price Includes
- Accommodation on double/ twin sharing basis as per the itinerary.
- Daily buffet breakfasts included at hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing by a Private vehicle as indicated in the itinerary.
- Professional Indian English speaking professional biking Tour leader including his wages, accommodation, food and travelling expenses.
- Support English speaking assistant cycle leader from 7pax on wards includes his wages, shared accommodation with main leader, food and travelling expenses.
- Cycle Mechanic services for the whole trip ( To maintain cycles, services, fix punctures or any other technical problems , daily clean cycles).
- Mineral water, snacks, tea/ coffee, fruits, cookies during cycling days only.
- Representative for assistance on Arrival /Departure.
- 24/7 assistance by our support team.
Base Price Does Not Include
- International / Domestic air fare.
- Any meal other than Breakfast unless specified.
- Any service or activity charges other than those included in the inclusions.
- Supplement Cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season.
- Entrance fee at monuments and National Parks.
- Unforeseen expenses that demand changes in the itinerary like natural calamities, changes in weather, road blockages, flight/train cancellations and any medical emergency or evacuations.
- Travel insurance and Visa
- Expenses of a personal nature- Staff Tips, Laundry, phone calls, soft or alcoholic drinks, excess baggage charges, camera and Video fee or any other expanses which are not mentioned in above inclusion list.
- All government taxes as applicable.
This narrow Indian state sandwiched between the Arabian Sea and the mountainous Western Ghats is known for its tropical greenery, quiet backwaters, spectacular wildlife reserves and endless tea and spice plantations. This carefully designed two-week itinerary gives one the freedom to stop wherever one likes; to interact with the local villagers; to get close to the soul of the place.
The tour begins with a relaxing stay in Kovalam, with its sandy beaches and lively, before we set off up the coast to the picturesque cliff tops, and bike through villages inhabited by the traditional fishing community of Varkala. It’s a gentle ride on to Kollam, the southern gateway to the Kerala backwaters – mile after mile of stunningly beautiful palm-lined inland waterways. We navigate this quiet and green world aboard wooden canoes from our base in the village of Mancombu. Our route then heads inland, into a landscape of spice, tea and rubber plantations, to reach the charming hill station of Wagamon at an altitude of 1,200 metres, and surrounded by picturesque waterfalls. We enjoy some challenging hill-cycling,and stop by at Periyar National Park where there’s a chance to see wild elephants, leopards and other rare wildlife, before returning to the coast via the hill station of Kuttikkanam. The last two days are spent in the delightful old city of Cochin, with its colonial mansions and laid-back ambience.