Sikkim, a less explored region, is a popular destination for trekking and mountaineering enthusiasts. It is an ideal venue for several mountain adventure sports, including mountain biking, which has been recently introduced in Sikkim and the state is fast becoming a favorite destination for mountain bikers.
- Gangtok – for some wonderful views of the higher Peaks of Himalaya.
- Martam - known for its lush vegetation, majestic views of the mountains, quaint villages, nature walk
- Ravangla - a small town surrounded by high-forested hills and undulating valleys dotted with village
- Pelling - famous for its location that offers breath-taking view of the Khangchendzonga and surroundings
- Rinchenpong – for fantastic views, sunrise and sunset, flora and fauna.
- Darjeeling - a hill station of India famous for its Tea Gardens.
Base Price Includes
- Accommodation on double/ twin sharing basis as per the itinerary.
- Daily buffet breakfasts included at hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing by a Private vehicle as indicated in the itinerary.
- Professional Indian English speaking professional biking Tour leader including his wages, accommodation, food and travelling expenses.
- Support English speaking assistant cycle leader from 7pax on wards includes his wages, shared accommodation with main leader, food and travelling expenses.
- Cycle Mechanic services for the whole trip ( To maintain cycles, services, fix punctures or any other technical problems , daily clean cycles).
- Mineral water, snacks, tea/ coffee, fruits, cookies during cycling days only.
- Representative for assistance on Arrival /Departure.
- 24/7 assistance by our support team.
Base Price Does Not Include
- International / Domestic air fare.
- Any meal other than Breakfast unless specified.
- Any service or activity charges other than those included in the inclusions.
- Supplement Cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season.
- Entrance fee at monuments and National Parks.
- Unforeseen expenses that demand changes in the itinerary like natural calamities, changes in weather, road blockages, flight/train cancellations and any medical emergency or evacuations.
- Travel insurance and Visa
- Expenses of a personal nature- Staff Tips, Laundry, phone calls, soft or alcoholic drinks, excess baggage charges, camera and Video fee or any other expanses which are not mentioned in above inclusion list.
- All government taxes as applicable.
In Northern India this unique cycling holiday explores the smallest and most diverse state – Sikkim, so rich in culture and heritage. The main peak of the Himalayas in Sikkim is Kanchenjunga; standing tall at over 8,500 metres it is the third highest mountain in the world. Although we do not attempt to ride to the top of this peak, yet we experience the breathtaking views of this majestic peak throughout the trip. During our tour we cycle from the lush sub-tropical rain forests right into the highest terrain of the earth on an exploration that takes us through picturesque meadows, rural villages and along impressive hillsides. Along the way we visit the gorgeous monasteries of Rumtek, Pemayangtse, and Dubdi. We also get the opportunity to visit the sacred Kachiuri Lake as well as the bustling town of Gangtok, the new capital of Sikkim.
We finish our journey with a ride to Darjeeling. Here we set our alarm clocks for ‘very early’ visit to the superb Tiger Hill to view it at sunrise. We may also have a glimpse of the Everest from here.