This fascinating journey through India’s Deep South focuses on sights that showcase striking architecture, culture and faith and provides opportunities to enjoy staying at hill stations, visiting exotic temples, palaces and wildlife reserves and appreciate beauty of the Kerala Backwaters while cruising on houseboats and relishing Indian cuisine all through.
- Fort Kochi - an amalgam of Old Portuguese, British and Dutch colonial architecture.
- Ootacamund - the queen of hill stations of India.
- Maharajah’s Palace - A magnificent structure of Mysore.
- Mahabalipuram and Kanchipuram - for spectacular rock temple carvings.
- Thanjavur and Madurai - for their different architectural styles.
- Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary – for elephants and other wildlife.
Latest ReviewsWrite a Review
Base Price Includes
- Accommodation in 4* star or similar hotels on double/ twin sharing basis as per the itinerary.
- Daily buffet breakfasts included at hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing by a Private vehicle as indicated in the itinerary.
- Services of a local sightseeing guide during sightseeing guides at cities as per the itinerary.
- Representative for assistance on Arrival /Departure.
- 24/7 assistance by our support team.
Base Price Does Not Include
- International / Domestic air fare.
- Any meal other than Breakfast unless specified.
- Any service or activity charges other than those included in the inclusions.
- Supplement Cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season.
- Entrance fee at monuments and National Parks.
- Unforeseen expenses that demand changes in the itinerary like natural calamities, changes in weather, road blockages, flight/train cancellations and any medical emergency or evacuations.
- Travel insurance and Visa
- Expenses of a personal nature- Staff Tips, Laundry, phone calls, soft or alcoholic drinks, excess baggage charges, camera and Video fee or any other expanses which are not mentioned in above inclusion list.
- All government taxes as applicable.
The tour begins by exploring the beautiful old port city of Kochi and finishes with relaxing days on the golden beaches of Kovalam. In between we travel to the hill station of Ootacamund famous for its beauty and Botanical gardens, before continuing east into Karnataka to see the palaces of Mysore. Stopping at the temples of Belur and Halebid en route to Bangalore, we take the train southward to Chennai. After a day’s sightseeing in India’s fourth-largest city our next destination is Mahabalipuram that has some magnificent monolithic beach temples. We also visit the old French enclave of Pondicherry and the arts centre of Thanjavur before arriving in Madurai, famous for its large and alluring temple-complexes with exquisite carvings. We then travel back into the hills, and Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary that delights us with its abundant bird and wildlife. Fascinating equally are the spice of Thekkady. The final phase of the tour covers a memorable houseboat cruise on the backwaters of Kerala around Alleppey before we finish at Kovalam that beckons with its sandy golden beaches.