Cross six high passes, trekking from Rumtse to Tso Moriri and passing through the untouched and beautiful Changthang Valley in this exciting Ladakhi adventure! Discover the pristine beauty of the region, starting from Tsokar Lake to the spectacular Tso Moriri. Cross a series of high passes, a couple above 5000 metres, and savour the breathtaking vistas. Meet and interact with nomadic shepherds with tented camps on the trail. End the trek at the magnificent village of Karzok. You also get to explore Leh, visit to the Shey Palace and take a trip to the Thiksey, Hemis, Alchi and Likir monasteries. If you are looking to push your limits, then this one is for you!
- Take a tour of Leh, the vibrant bazaar and Thiksey, Hemis and Shey Gompas
- Explore some of the oldest monasteries of Alchi & Likir, famous ancient wall paintings
- Trek over 6 high passes in Ladakh
- Walk along the mesmerizing Tsokar lake, a fluctuating salt lake known for its size and depth
- Hike through the breathtaking Changthang Valley
- Visit the stunning Tso Moriri Lake, largest high altitude lake in the Trans-Himalayan region
- Stay overnight in Karzok Village, on the banks of Tso Moriri
- Encounter friendly nomadic shepherd families on the trail
Base Price Includes
- Accommodation on double/ twin sharing basis as per the itinerary.
- Daily buffet breakfasts included at hotels.
- Trekking camping which includes delicious food prepared by our professional experienced trekking chef, camp boys, tentage like imported sleeping tents, Kitchen /Mess tent, toilet tent, table , camp chairs or any other logistic expenses during trekking as
- Ponies to carry trekking stuffs and clients baggage.
- All transfers and sightseeing by a Private vehicle as indicated in the itinerary.
- Services of a local sightseeing guide during sightseeing and trekking as per the itinerary.
- Monastery Entrance Fees as per the itinerary at mentioned sights.
- Representative for assistance on Arrival /Departure.
- 24/7 assistance by our support team.
Base Price Does Not Include
- International / Domestic air fare.
- Any meal other than Breakfast unless specified.
- Any service or activity charges other than those included in the inclusions.
- Supplement Cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season.
- Entrance fee at monuments and National Parks.
- Unforeseen expenses that demand changes in the itinerary like natural calamities, changes in weather, road blockages, flight/train cancellations and any medical emergency or evacuations.
- Travel insurance and Visa
- Expenses of a personal nature- Staff Tips, Laundry, phone calls, soft or alcoholic drinks, excess baggage charges, camera and Video fee or any other expanses which are not mentioned in above inclusion list.
- Oxygen Cylinder facility for high altitude
- All government taxes as applicable.
In this beautiful region of Ladakh we travel for nearly two weeks through its unique circuit. In the Indian part of the Tibetan Changtang, south-east of Ladakh, the scenery is mesmerizing, and extremely luminous spaces are vast. The air is so pure that one gets lost in the infinite. Our itinerary takes us from the shores of Lake Tsokar to Korzok, the wonderful isolated village on the shores of Lake Tsomoriri. It is a unique trek in terms of the beauty but demanding and challenging because of the altitude and terrain, particularly from Rumtse to Tsomoriri. It focuses on monasteries, life of nomadic people, and some high altitude lakes. It starts with the trail that leads us to a river flowing in from the right side. After widening and narrowing of the valley several times there comes a point where it turns towards north side leading to the campsite close to a local nomadic settlement in their traditional life. The barren region is home to numerous species of wildlife including the wild Ass Kiang, Himalayan Marmot, Tibetan Antelope, and Himalayan Ibex. The final leg of our trek leads us over a high mountain pass to the shores of beautiful Tsomoriri Lake. Surrounded by over 6,000m high snow-capped peaks this lake is alive with abundance of very rare migratory birds. The trek ends at the enchanting Tsomoriri Lake from where we head back to Leh.