A challenging trek that covers remote Ladakh and Zanskar areas with steep ascents and winding descents across high passes and deep gorges lined with multi-hued rocks and villages, dotted with white mud-brick buildings and Buddhist monuments. In short, it provides abundant spectacular experience, both in raw nature and deep culture.
- Ladakh – an exotic place away from the modern world.
- Sham and Suru valleys – for their magnificent landscapes.
- Rangdum - an elliptical plateau surrounded by colourful mountains.
- Kanji La (5,250 metres), the highest point on the trek providing dramatic views all around.
- Buddhist temples and monasteries in and around Leh.
- River rafting an option from Chilling to Nimoo in Zanskar river
Base Price Includes
- Accommodation on double/ twin sharing basis as per the itinerary.
- Daily buffet breakfasts included at hotels.
- Trekking camping which includes delicious food prepared by our professional experienced trekking chef, camp boys, tentage like imported sleeping tents, Kitchen /Mess tent, toilet tent, table , camp chairs or any other logistic expenses during trekking as
- Ponies to carry trekking stuffs and clients baggage.
- All transfers and sightseeing by a Private vehicle as indicated in the itinerary.
- Services of a local sightseeing guide during sightseeing and trekking as per the itinerary.
- Monastery Entrance Fees as per the itinerary at mentioned sights.
- Representative for assistance on Arrival /Departure.
- 24/7 assistance by our support team.
Base Price Does Not Include
- International / Domestic air fare.
- Any meal other than Breakfast unless specified.
- Any service or activity charges other than those included in the inclusions.
- Supplement Cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season.
- Entrance fee at monuments and National Parks.
- Unforeseen expenses that demand changes in the itinerary like natural calamities, changes in weather, road blockages, flight/train cancellations and any medical emergency or evacuations.
- Travel insurance and Visa
- Expenses of a personal nature- Staff Tips, Laundry, phone calls, soft or alcoholic drinks, excess baggage charges, camera and Video fee or any other expanses which are not mentioned in above inclusion list.
- Oxygen Cylinder facility for high altitude
- All government taxes as applicable.
After two days of gentle acclimatization in and around Leh the first part of our trek from Chilling village traverses Dungduchen La, a pass at 4,849 mts. Breathtaking views of the Stok range mesmerize us before we descend into the beautiful Ripchar valley. We walk through several villages including Sumdo, Phenjila and Hanupatta and appreciate the beauty of some stunning landscapes with flower-filled meadows and dramatic views on the way.
The second part of the trek takes us across the high Sniugutse La (5,009 metres), marked with prayer flags. It also provides panoramic views of the Zanskar range and the nearby Tsomothang peak. There are good chances of sighting marmots and ibexes, some of the Himalayan wildlife creatures not seen by many. We then trek along the Kong River before scaling Kanji La (5,279 metres), the highest point on this trek where we spend some time in shivering cold to admire the amazing panoramic views all around us. Here the feeling of being on ‘Top of the World’ is ecstatic to most of the trekkers.
Finally, we descend to the enchanting village of Rangdum where we conclude our trek and drive through the scenic Suru valley, appreciating the tall and mighty Nun and Kun peaks on our side, all the way to Leh with an overnight stop at Kargil - a small town midway between Srinagar and Leh, in Jammu & Kashmir state.
There is an option to drive to Leh from Kargil (day 19) instead of going to Srinagar. In that case we have a free day (day 20) in Leh (overnight stay in a hotel). We fly to Delhi (day 21) with a free afternoon and an evening transfer to the airport for our flights to our respective destinations.