Ladakh is a unique and beautiful part in Indian Himalayas. This fascinating tour through this Tibetan Land provides the perfect family-friendly introduction to this extraordinary place with immersive cultural experiences, and a gentle yet exhilarating, four-day trek. The Ladakh family tour ends with a visit to the incomparable Taj Mahal in Agra.
- Thiksey Gompa – for its 15-metre gold-plated statue of Future Buddha.
- Leh Palace - a ruined royal palace overlooking the town of Leh.
- Shanti Stupa - one of the famous Buddhist Stupas holding the relics of Buddha.
- Alchi and Lamayuru - two of the oldest and largest monasteries in Ladakh
- White-water rafting on the Indus.
- The Taj Mahal - top Wonder of the World.
Base Price Includes
- Accommodation in comfort hotels on double/ twin sharing basis as per the itinerary.
- Daily buffet breakfasts included at hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing by a Private vehicle as indicated in the itinerary.
- Services of a local sightseeing guide during sightseeing guides at cities as per the itinerary.
- Representative for assistance on Arrival /Departure.
- 24/7 assistance by our support team.
Base Price Does Not Include
- International / Domestic air fare.
- Any meal other than Breakfast unless specified.
- Any service or activity charges other than those included in the inclusions.
- Supplement Cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season.
- Entrance fee at monuments and National Parks.
- Unforeseen expenses that demand changes in the itinerary like natural calamities, changes in weather, road blockages, flight/train cancellations and any medical emergency or evacuations.
- Travel insurance and Visa
- Expenses of a personal nature- Staff Tips, Laundry, phone calls, soft or alcoholic drinks, excess baggage charges, camera and Video fee or any other expanses which are not mentioned in above inclusion list.
- All government taxes as applicable.
Setting out from Delhi we take a morning flight across the spectacular Himalayan ranges to Leh, the capital of Ladakh. As the city is at an altitude of 3,500 metres we take a couple of days to acclimatize before embarking on our short, but exhilarating, trek. We visit some of the fascinating monasteries around Leh and also take to the river for easy white-water rafting on the Zanskar River.
The trek begins at the monastery of Rizong. We trek beside the Uley River, stopping by villages and monasteries and passing through picturesque settlement of Hemis Shukpachan before ascending the Meptek La (3750 M) the highest point of the trek) and then on to the village of Themisgam with its ruined castle. The following day we ascend another pass, the Prinktla (3750 M) with magnificent views before completing the trek at Wanla. We drive back to Leh.
The final leg of the tour sees us return by plane to Delhi and continue by road to Agra, where we see the impressive Agra Fort and pay an early morning visit to the Taj Mahal to get mesmerized by its beauty.