This tour provides a grand introduction to Ladakhi landscape and culture of this picturesque and exotic place. The itinerary incorporates a relatively easy trek with memorable walking experience through the beautiful landscape with stoppages at villages and monasteries en route for closer and better understanding of their people and culture.
- Hemis Monastery, the richest and the most famous monastery in Ladakh.
- Likir - famous for its 11th century monastery.
- Thiksey - a yellow hat sect monastery bearing a strong resemblance to the Potala Palace in Lhasa.
- Trekking in beautiful Sham Valley area
- Lamayuru & Alchi, - the famous and oldest monasteries in the Ladakh region.
Latest ReviewsWrite a Review
Base Price Includes
- Accommodation in 4* star or similar hotels on double/ twin sharing basis as per the itinerary.ccommodation in 4* star or similar hotels on double/ twin sharing basis in Leh, Agra and Jaipur as per the itinerary including breakfast
- Trekking camping which includes delicious food prepared by our professional experienced trekking chef, camp boys, tentage like imported sleeping tents, Kitchen /Mess tent, toilet tent, table , camp chairs or any other logistic expenses during trekking
- Ponies to carry trekking stuffs and clients baggage.
- All transfers and sightseeing by a Private vehicle as indicated in the itinerary.
- Services of a local sightseeing guide during sightseeing guides at cities as per the itinerary.
- Representative for assistance on Arrival /Departure.
- 24/7 assistance by our support team.
Base Price Does Not Include
- International / Domestic air fare.
- Any meal other than Breakfast unless specified.
- Any service or activity charges other than those included in the inclusions.
- Supplement Cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season.
- Entrance fee at monuments and National Parks.
- Unforeseen expenses that demand changes in the itinerary like natural calamities, changes in weather, road blockages, flight/train cancellations and any medical emergency or evacuations.
- Travel insurance and Visa
- Expenses of a personal nature- Staff Tips, Laundry, phone calls, soft or alcoholic drinks, excess baggage charges, camera and Video fee or any other expanses which are not mentioned in above inclusion list.
- All government taxes as applicable.
We start the trip with a sensational flight from Delhi across the Himalaya to Leh (3,500m), the capital of Ladakh, where we spend two days acclimatizing to the altitude and visiting local Buddhist monasteries. The trek starts from Taru, a small village close to Leh, and crosses the Taru La pass (4,200 m) and then traversing the deserted plateau. We pass through many Ladakhi Villages where we can observe the traditional way of life, unchanged here for centuries. This classic trek takes in the best of the contrasting scenery that this part of the Himalaya offers; lofty snow-clad peaks, wild and barren hillsides and pretty villages in the valleys which spring to life in the summer when the crops are grown after the long harsh winter.
The last (alternative extension) part of the tour trudges across the mountain roads to Kashmir, with a wonderful two-night stay on a houseboat in Srinagar. This beautiful old city lies in the heart of the Kashmir Valley.
Note:There is an option to drive from Lamayuru to Kargil (day 11) instead of going to Leh (for an overnight stay in a hotel), with the itinerary extended to 14 days. In that case we drive to Srinagar on day 12 and stay in a hotel overnight. Sightseeing on day 13 in Srinagar and departure transfer to Srinagar airport on day 14. Check in at Delhi hotel for use of day facilities and departure transfer to the International Airport at Delhi to catch our flights to our respective destinations.