This is a classic Garhwal trek along the famous Curzon trail - named after Lord Curzon, the viceroy of India after he walked this route. Our carefully planned itinerary balances fabulous walking and sublime views across the Himalayas while trudging to local villages and holy pilgrimage sites along upper Ganges.
- Nanda Devi from the Kuari Pass (4268 metres) – a spectacular view.
- Dense forests of oak, pine, rhododendron and deodar- a walking pleasure.
- Remote villages, terraced farms and breathtaking viewpoints – a delight to the heart and eyes.
- Rishikesh, Joshimath & Haridwar – exciting holy pilgrimage towns.
Base Price Includes
- Accommodation on double/ twin sharing basis as per the itinerary.
- Daily buffet breakfasts included at hotels.
- Trekking camping which includes delicious food prepared by our professional experienced trekking chef, camp boys, tentage like imported sleeping tents, Kitchen /Mess tent, toilet tent, table , camp chairs or any other logistic expenses during trekking as
- Ponies to carry trekking stuffs and clients baggage.
- All transfers and sightseeing by a Private vehicle as indicated in the itinerary.
- Services of a local sightseeing guide during sightseeing and trekking as per the itinerary.
- Monastery Entrance Fees as per the itinerary at mentioned sights.
- Representative for assistance on Arrival /Departure.
- 24/7 assistance by our support team.
Base Price Does Not Include
- International / Domestic air fare.
- Any meal other than Breakfast unless specified.
- Any service or activity charges other than those included in the inclusions.
- Supplement Cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season.
- Entrance fee at monuments and National Parks.
- Unforeseen expenses that demand changes in the itinerary like natural calamities, changes in weather, road blockages, flight/train cancellations and any medical emergency or evacuations.
- Travel insurance and Visa
- Expenses of a personal nature- Staff Tips, Laundry, phone calls, soft or alcoholic drinks, excess baggage charges, camera and Video fee or any other expanses which are not mentioned in above inclusion list.
- Oxygen Cylinder facility for high altitude
- All government taxes as applicable.
The Garhwal Region, dominated by the awe-inspiring Nanda Devi Sanctuary, is arguably the centre piece of the Indian Himalaya. The area to the west is known as the outer sanctuary and makes for a superb region for walking, with magnificent panoramas of Nanda Devi, Trishul and the Badrinath peaks.
Starting from Delhi we board our morning train from New Delhi railway station for Hardwar to meet your vehicle and drive to Srinagar, the largest town in the Garhwal Himalayas. We travel into the mountains and reach the trailhead at the village of Lohajung. From here we follow part of the approach route used by the 1936 expedition of Shipton and Tilman, which takes us through remote villages, forests and alpine pastures skirting the edge of the Sanctuary. We trek in the shadow of the great peak of Trishul before ascending the Kuari Pass (at 4268 metres - the highest point on the route). From here we appreciate amazing views of the north region across the main Himalaya range towards Tibet.
The tour concludes with visits to Joshimath & Rishikesh - sacred towns located on the Ganges and the destination for thousands of Hindu pilgrims who visit here every year. Before return to Delhi a short visit to Hak Ki Puri the holy bathing Ghats in Haridwar