Garhwal region is a land blessed with snow-bound peaks, crystal glaciers, rolling meadows, jagged rock faces, scenic valleys, meandering rivers, cascading waterfalls, dense forests and hospitable people, with a rich culture, who beckon all to trudge its trails to know them, their culture and traditions by interacting with them closely.
- Trek through the picturesque villages, terraced fields and the enchanting bugyals (Alpine meadows)
- Majestic view of Shivling peak (6,543 metres) - a spire of rock and ice
- Visit the local temples and ghats of Rishikesh along the holy river Ganges
- Tapovan (4,450 metres), the highest point of the trek, surrounded by beautiful meadows and mountain views
- The source of the Ganges at Gaumukh.
- Haridwar – Har Ki Puri the holy bathing ghat on river Ganges
Base Price Includes
- Accommodation on double/ twin sharing basis as per the itinerary.
- Daily buffet breakfasts included at hotels.
- Trekking camping which includes delicious food prepared by our professional experienced trekking chef, camp boys, tentage like imported sleeping tents, Kitchen /Mess tent, toilet tent, table , camp chairs or any other logistic expenses during trekking as
- Ponies to carry trekking stuffs and clients baggage.
- All transfers and sightseeing by a Private vehicle as indicated in the itinerary.
- Services of a local sightseeing guide during sightseeing and trekking as per the itinerary.
- Monastery Entrance Fees as per the itinerary at mentioned sights.
- Representative for assistance on Arrival /Departure.
- 24/7 assistance by our support team.
Base Price Does Not Include
- International / Domestic air fare.
- Any meal other than Breakfast unless specified.
- Any service or activity charges other than those included in the inclusions.
- Supplement Cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season.
- Entrance fee at monuments and National Parks.
- Unforeseen expenses that demand changes in the itinerary like natural calamities, changes in weather, road blockages, flight/train cancellations and any medical emergency or evacuations.
- Travel insurance and Visa
- Expenses of a personal nature- Staff Tips, Laundry, phone calls, soft or alcoholic drinks, excess baggage charges, camera and Video fee or any other expanses which are not mentioned in above inclusion list.
- Oxygen Cylinder facility for high altitude
- All government taxes as applicable.
We experience some of the most magnificent scenery on Earth on this 19-day adventure that can be divided into five segments with each one of them providing varied experience: drive from Delhi to Guarikund; trek from Gaurikund to the Belak Pass (near Gangotri); trek from Gangotri up to Tapovan and back; experiences in Uttarkashi and Rishikesh; and drive back to Delhi.
Trekking begins with a gentle 1,500-metre ascent through a lush green valley from Gaurikund to Kedarnath, a pilgrimage centre with a wonderful old temple. We return to Gaurikund, and then set off for Maggu via another temple, Triyugi Narayan. From Maggu (3250m) the trail passes through enchanting bugyals, refreshing alpine meadows typical of this region. The ascent to the Panwali Pass is exceptionally beautiful with fantastic views across the mountains including Nanda Devi (7,817m).
Starting from Gangotri the second phase of our trek passes through lush rhododendron forests and verdant alpine pastures to reach Gaumukh. It is actually here that the Ganges gushes out from the glacier snout overlooked by Shivling peak (6,543m), a majestic spire of rock and ice.
We cross the rubble-strewn glacier slopes to reach the expansive meadows at Tapovan (4,450m), the highest point of the trek, and take excursions to the nearby Kedar Dome and Meru glacier before trudging back to Gangotri. We finish our trek here and drive back to Rishikesh after a night in the picturesque temple town of Uttarkashi to wear off our exhaustion from walking. En route back to Delhi, we stop to visit Har-Ki-Pauri (Footstep of Vishnu) at Haridwar to watch Hindu pilgrims taking a holy dip in the sacred Ganges and performing other rituals related to Hinduism.