This the most enchanting trek in the picturesque Kullu Valley moves through forests of pine deodar and rhododendron lush green valleys, remote villages and meadows overlooked by the mighty Malana glacier. We also explore beautiful Manali, visit architecturally distinctive city of Chandigarh and enjoy some sightseeing in Delhi.
- Trek through stunning forests and across Alpine meadows with fabulous views
- Panoramic vistas of the snow-capped Himalayas from Chandrakhani pass (3,660 meters).
- Malana village with its distinctive culture and customs.
- The hot springs at the pilgrimage town of Manikaran
- The enjoyable stay at Manali
- Amazing sculptures and interesting architecture at Chandigarh
Base Price Includes
- Accommodation on double/ twin sharing basis as per the itinerary.
- Daily buffet breakfasts included at hotels.
- Trekking camping which includes delicious food prepared by our professional experienced trekking chef, camp boys, tentage like imported sleeping tents, Kitchen /Mess tent, toilet tent, table , camp chairs or any other logistic expenses during trekking as
- Ponies to carry trekking stuffs and clients baggage.
- All transfers and sightseeing by a Private vehicle as indicated in the itinerary.
- Services of a local sightseeing guide during sightseeing and trekking as per the itinerary.
- Monastery Entrance Fees as per the itinerary at mentioned sights.
- Representative for assistance on Arrival /Departure.
- 24/7 assistance by our support team.
Base Price Does Not Include
- International / Domestic air fare.
- Any meal other than Breakfast unless specified.
- Any service or activity charges other than those included in the inclusions.
- Supplement Cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season.
- Entrance fee at monuments and National Parks.
- Unforeseen expenses that demand changes in the itinerary like natural calamities, changes in weather, road blockages, flight/train cancellations and any medical emergency or evacuations.
- Travel insurance and Visa
- Expenses of a personal nature- Staff Tips, Laundry, phone calls, soft or alcoholic drinks, excess baggage charges, camera and Video fee or any other expanses which are not mentioned in above inclusion list.
- Oxygen Cylinder facility for high altitude
- All government taxes as applicable.
We head north from Delhi to the green Kullu valley, first stopping in the charming market town of Mandi and then through to the heart of the valley at Manali. Well known as a hippie hangout back in the 1970s, these days Manali is a major centre for all kinds of outdoor activity adventures, from trekking and skiing to paragliding and whitewater rafting. The town itself is interesting, too, with the 16th-century Hadimba temple and some lovely old houses along its winding streets.
Before hitting the trail, we’ll also visit Naggar castle, a stunning old fort, and an art gallery dedicated to the work of Russian avant garde artist Nikolai Roerich, who lived here in the 1930s and 40s. His cottage marks the start of the trek. It’s a moderate ascent up to Ramsu village with its lovely old wooden houses, and on through beautiful forests and then meadows to reach Chanderkhani base.
Chanderkhani pass, at 3,660 metres the high point of the trek, offers spectacular views of the snowcapped Himalayas and the Malana glacier. The trail then descends to the ancient village of Malana. Starkly distinct from surrounding villages in culture and customs, the people here are believed to be the descendants of Alexander’s lost armies. Malana has its own representative administration, considered to be the oldest continuity of a democratic system in the world. After another picturesque pass (Rasol) with more great views, and a lovely descent through lush forests, the trek comes to an end in the pilgrim town of Manikaran, popular for its therapeutic sulphur springs.
For something completely different, our next stop is Chandigarh, the city on the Punjabi plains famous for its modernist Le Corbusier architecture and the extraordinary sculptures at Nek Chand’s Rock Garden. From here it’s back to Delhi for some enjoyable sightseeing.