Markha Valley Trek
For trekkers Ladakh is an inspirational destination where spectacular high-altitude world with breathtaking vistas and captivating scenery provide a chance also to see those elusive snow leopards, mountain goats, marmots and vultures, not seen anywhere else. We also experience Buddhist culture in remote monasteries while on the move.
- Trek through the Ladakh landscape, visiting remote villages and ancient Buddhist monasteries.
- Stunning view of Kang Yangtse peak (6,400 metres) from Kongmaru La (5150 M) the highest point.
- Hemis Monastery, the richest and the most famous monastery in Ladakh
- The beautiful pastures and camp site at Nimaling, dominated by impressive Kang Yatze peak (6,400 metres).
- Walking alongside the picturesque Markha River.
- Taj Mahal in Agra, one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
- Thiksey Monastery, one of the largest monasteries in Ladakh
Latest ReviewsWrite a Review
Day 1 - Arrive in Delhi, the national capital of India, the city which is as historic as modern. After clearing immigration and customs formalities; proceed towards the arrival hall, where you will be greeted by our office representative. He will assist you to the vehicle and will take you to the Delhi Hotel. There are no activities planned for the first day, so simply relax at the Hotel and recover your energy levels or depending upon your flight schedules we can plan some. Stay Overnight in Delhi.
Overnight - Hotel
Day 10 - Today is a short walk to Nimaling. The trail climbs steeply to the plateau where the valley opens out. Ahead are the spectacular views of Kang Yangtse at 6,400m - the highest peak in the valley. Walk on the green pastures and enjoy the fabulous views around. Overnight Camp. (Walking 3-4 hrs)
Overnight - Camp
Day 12 - Nimaling – Kongmaru La (5150 m) – Shang Sumdo (3810m ;7-8 hrs). The walk today begins by climbing to Kongmaru La (5265 M), a fairly long and steep ascent through a zigzag trail winding across to the top of the pass at 5,265m, but the views from the top are worth the effort. Then steep descend base and gradual trek to Shang Sumdo village. Overnight Camp. (Walking 7-8 hrs)
Overnight - Camp
Optional local activities and experiences you can add to extend this trip
Jaipur Neemrana Pushkar
Agra Village Walk and Heritage Tour
Base Price Includes
- Accommodation in 4* star or similar hotels on double/ twin sharing basis in Leh, Agra and Jaipur as per the itinerary including breakfast
- Trekking camping which includes delicious food prepared by our professional experienced trekking chef, camp boys, tentage like imported sleeping tents, Kitchen /Mess tent, toilet tent, table , camp chairs or any other logistic expenses during trekking
- Ponies to carry trekking stuffs and clients baggage.
- All transfers and sightseeing by a Private vehicle as indicated in the itinerary.
- Services of a local sightseeing guide during sightseeing guides at cities as per the itinerary.
- Representative for assistance on Arrival /Departure.
- 24/7 assistance by our support team.
Base Price Does Not Include
- International / Domestic air fare.
- Any meal other than Breakfast unless specified.
- Any service or activity charges other than those included in the inclusions.
- Supplement Cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season.
- Entrance fee at monuments and National Parks.
- Unforeseen expenses that demand changes in the itinerary like natural calamities, changes in weather, road blockages, flight/train cancellations and any medical emergency or evacuations.
- Travel insurance and Visa
- Expenses of a personal nature- Staff Tips, Laundry, phone calls, soft or alcoholic drinks, excess baggage charges, camera and Video fee or any other expanses which are not mentioned in above inclusion list.
- All government taxes as applicable.
To provide an interesting beginning to this moderate-graded trekking holiday, we spend a few days in Leh visiting local sights including some spectacular monasteries to get some insight into the local culture – an interesting way to acclimatize for the trek. We set out from the picturesque Spituk village on the banks of Indus, the boisterous silted river that flows through this region. Our efforts in climbing to the top of Ganda La (4,970m) are rewarded with truly breathtaking views across Zanskar and Stok ranges and the snow-capped Karakoram before the trail descends into a willow and wild rose-filled gorge to enter the picturesque Markha Valley.
The route then follows the Markha River, passing through lush farmlands and traditional villages. The head of the valley is dominated by the glaciated Kang Yangtse peak (6,400m) rising high above the pastures of Nimaling - an idyllic camp site for two nights.
Kongmaru La (5,265m) marks the highest point of our trek with excellent views of Kang Yangtse, the distant Nun-Kun peaks and northwards to the shimmering peaks that mark the Tibetan border. After a day’s descent we return by road to Leh for some much deserved down-time before flying back to Delhi.