On the border of Sikkim and Nepal, Kanchenjunga is the world’s third highest mountain, and this exciting trekking itinerary takes you within a stone’s throw of its gigantic bulk. Ascending through beautiful landscapes of grassy meadows, rhododendron forests of and rushing streams, we’ll reach the breathtaking heights of this little-visited part of the eastern Himalayas. You’ll also have the chance to explore the fascinating centres of Gangtok and Darjeeling and the local Buddhist culture.
- Gangtok, the capital of Sikkim nestled within the high peaks of the eastern Himalayas.
- Dzongri, one of the famous key halting points in Sikkim.
- Thangshing, the highest peak of Kanchenjunga.
- Samiti Lake, a glacial lake in the Onglathang Valley.
- Goecha La, a spectacular mountain pass in Sikkim.
- Darjeeling, a beautiful hill station famous for its tea plantations.
Base Price Includes
- Accommodation on double/ twin sharing basis as per the itinerary.
- Daily buffet breakfasts included at hotels.
- Trekking camping which includes delicious food prepared by our professional experienced trekking chef, camp boys, tentage like imported sleeping tents, Kitchen /Mess tent, toilet tent, table , camp chairs or any other logistic expenses during trekking as
- Ponies to carry trekking stuffs and clients baggage.
- All transfers and sightseeing by a Private vehicle as indicated in the itinerary.
- Services of a local sightseeing guide during sightseeing and trekking as per the itinerary.
- Monastery Entrance Fees as per the itinerary at mentioned sights.
- Representative for assistance on Arrival /Departure.
- 24/7 assistance by our support team.
Base Price Does Not Include
- International / Domestic air fare.
- Any meal other than Breakfast unless specified.
- Any service or activity charges other than those included in the inclusions.
- Supplement Cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season.
- Entrance fee at monuments and National Parks.
- Unforeseen expenses that demand changes in the itinerary like natural calamities, changes in weather, road blockages, flight/train cancellations and any medical emergency or evacuations.
- Travel insurance and Visa
- Expenses of a personal nature- Staff Tips, Laundry, phone calls, soft or alcoholic drinks, excess baggage charges, camera and Video fee or any other expanses which are not mentioned in above inclusion list.
- Oxygen Cylinder facility for high altitude
- All government taxes as applicable.
This classic trek through the eastern Himalayas, journeys from Yuksom to Samiti Lake and onwards to the dizzy heights of Goecha La (4,940m), a high pass situated right beneath the towering massif of Mount Kanchenjunga (8,586m). Setting out from Gangtok, the enchanting capital of Sikkim, we head to beautiful Yuksom and continue via Tshoka, Dzongri, Thangshing and the spectacular Samiti Lake to Goecha La. The trail passes through lush vegetation, rhododendron forests and remote villages. We camp in beautiful meadows surrounded by the magnificent panorama of the Himalayan peaks. Dzongri is situated at an altitude of about 4,020m in west Sikkim. It offers the trekker the most fascinating close-up views of Kanchenjunga and the neighboring Pandim. Goecha La is situated at an altitude of about 4,940m, the highest point of the route. The pass is strewn with prayer flags and offers a mind-blowing panorama of the mountains all around.
We finish our trek returning to Yuksom from where we drive onward to Darjeeling. We explore this beautiful hill town famous for its lush scenery and tea plantations from the days of British India.