This high-altitude trek traverses high passes and glaciers and beautiful peaks and pastures from the enchanting Spiti valley in Himachal to the picturesque Tsomoriri Lake in Ladakh. Trudging through sequestered villages and un-trudged regions are the highlight of this trek. Challenges are appropriately rewarded by breathtaking panoramic views all around.
- Leh, the second largest district of the country famous for its Cashmere Wool.
- Alchi & Likir, some of the oldest monasteries famous for their 11th & 12th century wall paintings.
- Thiksey Gompa, a yellow hat sect monastery famous for its resemblance to Potala Palace in Lhasa.
- Tsokar Lake, a fluctuating salt lake known for its size & depth.
- Tsomoriri Lake, largest of the high altitude lakes in the Trans-Himalayan Biogeographic Region.
- Karzok Village, on the banks of Tsomoriri Lake is the world's highest inhabited Village.
- Secret valley of Spiti
- Trek highest pass Parangla -5575 meters above sea level.
Base Price Includes
- Accommodation on double/ twin sharing basis as per the itinerary.
- Daily buffet breakfasts included at hotels.
- Trekking camping which includes delicious food prepared by our professional experienced trekking chef, camp boys, tentage like imported sleeping tents, Kitchen /Mess tent, toilet tent, table , camp chairs or any other logistic expenses during trekking as
- Ponies to carry trekking stuffs and clients baggage.
- All transfers and sightseeing by a Private vehicle as indicated in the itinerary.
- Services of a local sightseeing guide during sightseeing and trekking as per the itinerary.
- Monastery Entrance Fees as per the itinerary at mentioned sights.
- Representative for assistance on Arrival /Departure.
- 24/7 assistance by our support team.
Base Price Does Not Include
- International / Domestic air fare.
- Any meal other than Breakfast unless specified.
- Any service or activity charges other than those included in the inclusions.
- Supplement Cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season.
- Entrance fee at monuments and National Parks.
- Unforeseen expenses that demand changes in the itinerary like natural calamities, changes in weather, road blockages, flight/train cancellations and any medical emergency or evacuations.
- Travel insurance and Visa
- Expenses of a personal nature- Staff Tips, Laundry, phone calls, soft or alcoholic drinks, excess baggage charges, camera and Video fee or any other expanses which are not mentioned in above inclusion list.
- Oxygen Cylinder facility for high altitude
- All government taxes as applicable.
In the beautiful region of Ladakh, we travel for nearly two weeks through its exclusive circuit. In the Indian part of the Tibetan Changtang, south-east of Ladakh, the scenery is mesmerizing and spell-bounding. The air is so pure that you get lost in the infinite. Our itinerary traverses from the shores of Lake Tsokar to Karzok, the wonderful isolated village on the shores of Lake Tsomoriri. A unique trek, but demanding because of the altitude! Rumtse to Tsomoriri trek is challenging. It focuses on monasteries, life of nomadic people and some high altitude lakes. Commencement of trial is from a place where river flowing in from the right side. After several widening and narrowing of the valley there comes a point where it turns it to the north leading to the campsite close to a local nomadic settlement in their traditional life. The barren region is home to numerous species of wildlife including the wild Ass Kiang, Himalayan Marmot, Tibetan Antelope, and Himalayan Ibex. The final leg of our trek leads us over a high mountain pass to the shores of beautiful Tsomoriri Lake. Surrounded by over 6,000 m high snow-capped peaks, this lake is alive with an abundance of very rare migratory birds. The gray-turquoise waters of the Tsomoriri left behind, heading south
towards the discreet but magnificent and unspoiled valley of the Spiti. To reach it, you will have to cross a final pass over Parang la (5575 meters). A demanding stay, at high altitude for most of the route, but with exceptional landscape diversities. The trek ends at Kibber from where we will be transferred Kaza , Manali, Chandigarh and to Delhi.