This wonderful and varied trekking holiday perfectly suites those seeking to complete their first Himalayan summit. This trip full of excitement and eventual satisfaction from what is experienced in monasteries, gorges, mountain pastures, high passes with grandiose views while we walk, culminates in summiting Stok Kangri, at over 6,000 metres.
- Chilling - a famous Ladakhi Village known for its silversmiths
- Markha Valley - a picturesque trekking region.
- Nimaling - a picturesque grazing ground in the summer.
- Khardung La - the highest motorable pass in the world.
- Stok Kangri Climb - the highest mountain peak in the Stok range.
Base Price Includes
- Accommodation on double/ twin sharing basis as per the itinerary.
- Daily buffet breakfasts included at hotels.
- Trekking camping which includes delicious food prepared by our professional experienced trekking chef, camp boys, tentage like imported sleeping tents, Kitchen /Mess tent, toilet tent, table , camp chairs or any other logistic expenses during trekking as
- Ponies to carry trekking stuffs and clients baggage.
- All transfers and sightseeing by a Private vehicle as indicated in the itinerary.
- Services of a local sightseeing guide during sightseeing and trekking as per the itinerary.
- Monastery Entrance Fees as per the itinerary at mentioned sights.
- Representative for assistance on Arrival /Departure.
- 24/7 assistance by our support team.
Base Price Does Not Include
- International / Domestic air fare.
- Any meal other than Breakfast unless specified.
- Any service or activity charges other than those included in the inclusions.
- Supplement Cost for festival period, long weekend or peak season.
- Entrance fee at monuments and National Parks.
- Unforeseen expenses that demand changes in the itinerary like natural calamities, changes in weather, road blockages, flight/train cancellations and any medical emergency or evacuations.
- Travel insurance and Visa
- Expenses of a personal nature- Staff Tips, Laundry, phone calls, soft or alcoholic drinks, excess baggage charges, camera and Video fee or any other expanses which are not mentioned in above inclusion list.
- Oxygen Cylinder facility for high altitude
- All government taxes as applicable.
Flying in from Delhi to the Ladakhi capital of Leh, the shapely peak of Stok Kangri (6,120m) - the goal of our tour - is prominent on the southern skyline. We spend three days in acclimatization to the high altitude, exploring Leh and the colourful Buddhist monasteries that surround it – at Matho, Thiksey and Hemis.
The trek begins with a hike through the Markha Valley, and then leads through several remote and picturesque villages to the high Nimaling Plain below the imposing peak of Kang Yatze. After trekking up to the Kongmaru La we take a little-used high-level route to Stok Kangri base camp, a two-day approach to the mountain that boasts of superbly located campsites and far-reaching views towards Tibet and the eastern Karakoram Range. Although objectively very safe and technically straightforward, involving easy-angled scree and snow slopes, yet the climb on Stok Kangri is both challenging and supremely rewarding. After descending to Stok we return to Leh for some well-earned relaxation.